Monday, September 28, 2009

People aren't very concerned

I'm pleasantly surprised by how interesting this class turned out to be. It it making me more aware of the energy I'm using. However, I'm finding that not everyone is as concerned with the energy crisis. When I bring it up to people everyones response seems to be some variation of either it will work itself out or someone else will fix it. Most people seem to think that the government will come up with something by the time oil has run out. That seems kind of silly since the government doesn't have the best track record right now. I think people need to stop ignoring this issue and do whatever little things they can to help. I'm not saying people should live in darkness and not drive their cars but every little bit can help is everyone contributes. This way at least there will be more time to try and come up with a solution before the oil runs out. I find it very interesting that everyone thought we would just keep advancing in the future but if the oil runs out and there is no alternative in sight we will be doing just the opposite. We will instead be regressing back to a simpler life where food and shelter are everyday concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment