Thursday, November 5, 2009

community gardens

The lecture we had on last wednesday was one of the most interesting lectures i have ever had so far. It made me rethink about a lot of food that i eat now. For example everytime i eat chicken, i think myself if its fresh or not. i wish Suny albany buys food from local markets too so we dont have to worry about any of these stuff. I think Suny Albany needs to starts community gardening too. It provides access to fresh plants as well as access to neighbor improvement and connection to the environment. It encourages and urban community's food security, allowing citizens to grow their own food or for others to donate what they have grown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_gardening. I am glad that we have farmer's market once a week. I am actually going this sunday to farmer's market to get some fresh vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment