Thursday, November 19, 2009

Michelle Obama

First I looked at what this TED stood for and what is the main purpose of it. TED ,Technology, Entertainment and Design, is a non profit organization that spreads ideas about technology, entertainment, and design. They usually don't cover stories that have any link to politics, but Michelle Obama is the exception. Her talk about education is something that is definitely worth spreading since it related to education. In this video she seemed very passionate about this topic and because of her background she encourges young women to reach higher education. Whe nshe talked about her family and what her parents said to her, it reminded me of my family and the words that she used are the exact words my father used with all his children. He always says "I know how it is not to have an office job, you guys are lucky to be in this country where education is valued, with your education you can do whatever you want to do". Both of my siblings and I took that to our hearts and are working hard to achieve our goals and make him proud. She talks about the importance of women's role in a family. My mother is also a stay at home mother like the first lady's mother. Everyday after school, my mother used to have food waiting on the table and then after we were finished, she made sure we started on our homework right away. In my opinion parents need to make sure their children do homework on time and make sure everything is well at school. This speech by Michelle Obama was very inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment