Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Michelle Obama

After watching Michelle Obama's plea for education I have gained a new found respect for her. I found that she is very easy to relate to. She brings up some very important issues about the direction of our world. She is mainly focusing on women but I think her speech applies to all young people. She talks about the world as it is and the world as it should be and says that education is the key to changing the world to what it should be. I had never thought of education in this way. It has opened my mind to some new ideas. Our parents generation came from a different set of ideals than us. Education was not as necessary or encouraged. I have always taken my college education for granted and not always tried as hard as I should as I'm sure many of my fellow students have. I also think that the style of education is changing. I am really enjoying the way this class is conducted. I like that all of our ideas are considered and the open discussions are very interesting. After watching this speech I think I will be more mindful of how much my future is really in my hands. I think our generation has the ability to make a very big impact. I think the reason for this is that we will be much more educated than the generations before us. We all know that the world as it is is a messed up place. Not everyone is looking out for the best interests of the world as a whole. I think little by little, one by one we can get closer to what the world should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment