Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Michelle Obama’s Plea for Education

After watching Michelle Obama’s Plea for Education at http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/lang/eng/michelle_obama.html I gained more respect for our First Lady of the United States. Although I may not be the biggest Obama enthusiast my passion for how Michelle feels about education is dead on. Sometimes people don’t realize how much a speech like this can have an affect on people. Fortunately I had the opportunity to see Colin Powell speak here at SUNY Albany this fall. After hearing such influential words from such a high end person, personally my beliefs were stimulated and I was encouraged and more motivated just by hearing him speak. I think it was great how Michelle spoke about her past and gave a little history about herself as well as her family. Most of us in this world were not born with everything and to hear how far a person has made it with having nothing, personally is very touching. It is very important for Michelle as well as speakers similar to her (like Colin Powell) to continue these speeches in order to encourage those listeners. Education is too important to fail to appreciate and seeing these people make a difference is really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment