Tuesday, November 17, 2009

why we need grandmothers

Grandmother's are always part of family. Some think after they get old, they are good for noting and just throw them in the nursing homes or other places so they can get rid of them. From where i came from,India, we always respect them and my parents always take care of them too. Even after my parents moved to US, my mom calls my grandma everyday and make sure she's doing good. I know in my extended family, if one family has a new born baby, they call their parents and try to bring them to US. I don't know if they doing it because they love them or because they don't want to pay for the baby sitters. Another topic that was interesting to me was when we talked about our neighbors. To me, from my own experience, neighbors in India are part of your family too. I had so many friends in India and most of them were my neighbors. My parents always let me hang out with them till late. They were never worried about me after knowing that i am at my neighbor's place. But here, they always get worried if they don't see me at house. I guess it is just the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment