Friday, December 11, 2009

Continuing the pattern

For our midterm we were ask to live without the things we "can't live without."  Though it was weeks ago i find myself learning from the situation and living differently and living without the things i thought i couldn't live without.  When i first heard of the challenge i though i wouldn't be able to survive for a week, but surprisingly im surviving for a lifetime.  I'm not saying im completely independent on electronics but i definitely don't depend on it as much especially my computer and television.  I was often one who as soon as i walked in the room the first thing i would do was turn on the television before i even took my jacket off.  I now find myself barely watching television and instead entertain myself with other things.  I don't use my laptop as much, where before it was used for not only academics but for recreational use and entertainment, i now barely use it unless i am doing an assignment for school.
Another aspect that has changed is water usage and buying bottle water.  I would usually turn on the shower and have it running forever before getting in but i no longer do that, and i now even wash my hair in the shower to use less water.  As for my addiction to bottle water i won't say i've given up intentionally but rather by default.  The campus center no longer sells smart water therefore i barely drink bottle water unless i'm off campus which is a big change because i drank at least 3 bottles of water everyday.  I can say the assignment truly changed my lifestyle, surprisingly.  I hope to continue changing one day at a time and hopefully doing my part to help save our earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment