Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Green Jobs

I found goodguide.com to be a very informative website. I downloaded the app onto my iphone and have been scanning everything i come in contact with ever since. I used it in the supermarket today and actually decided to buy two of my regular products from a different company based on the goodguide score. I don't know that I would really go on the website but being able to push a button and scan the bar code is so easy there is no reason not to do it. Goodguide got me thinking about how going green has become such a huge industry in itself. It seems to be the trend of the future. It is nice to see that even if people are simply doing eco-friendly things because it is trendy they are still doing good for the environment. This is so refreshing because in the past years Americans were mostly focused on consumption and having the newest of everything. This is a trend that I hope will last.
I decided to look into going green as an industry and found that the job market in the green industry is expanding. I have a feeling that this is going to be the industry of the future. There is an interesting article dedicated to this topic that touches on how to get into the green industry in a variety of areas. That website is http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/09/BU2G15ISFQ.DTL. I also think there will probably be an expansion of these topics in education. I think this class is the beginning of many classes based around bettering the environment. With this will lprobably become new options in majors. There is and is going to be more of a demand for people with knowledge in these specific areas for the future. I am looking forward to seeing where this industry goes and finding new ways to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment