Monday, December 7, 2009

Ecological Intelligence..what is it?

Ecological intelligence” denotes the ability to adapt to our ecological niche. Ecological refers to an understanding of organisms and their ecosystems, and intelligence lends the capacity to learn from experience and deal effectively with our environment . Ecological intelligence lets us apply what we learn about how human activity impinges on ecosystems so as to do less harm and once again to live sustainably in our niche — these days the entire planet.-Daniel Coleman

To me Ecological intelligence is what I believe is the above definition. To be a student at SUNY albany and going green, well it gets deeper into that. I think about how I can conserve certain things and do my part everyday is helping to make this world a better place.
I think about if I do not finish what is on my plate, how are others in the world feeling when they see me waste this food? There are so many issues today about ecological intelligence because people lack this kind of intelligence or don't care. It's not necessarily caring about it..it's caring about your family and their future. Are my children going to be healthy and live in a healthy planet when I die or the next generation up?
I tend to think and over analyze such things and about everything. I show empathy about life itself. That is why I chose to become a Biology major because I CARE about the environment that I live in. Then it all comes down to moral relativism or ethical relativism, there are many variations around the world. Hence, people should still have some type of ecological intelligence..positives and negatives on the impacts they are doing to the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment