Thursday, December 10, 2009

Al Gore

I thoroughly enjoyed Al Gores speech in class on Wednesday. I think he is an excellent speaker and truly passionate about his opinions and position. I had never really heard him speak before but knew that he held a position about global warming awareness. I honestly thought that he was just taking a controversial political position to be in the spotlight. My opinion was changed after watching his presentation because I saw his passion. I do not think he could have faked that. The way he was speaking to people and talking about urgency you could almost feel how he was feeling. I also think he made himself very easy to relate to. He spoke in simple terms and just laid out the facts. I think this passion is what we need to make serious changes. We can all say we are going to do things to make a difference but I do not think you can make any kind of serious dent in the problem unless you are truly passionate about it. I am not saying everyone should go into a career in the environmental field or dedicate all their free time to picking up garbage but we all have to get serious. I think the most important point Al Gore made was about urgency. He talked about how over 60% of us have acknowledged the problem but there has not been much action. This just goes to show how wrapped up people are in their own lives or other petty matters. This issue is going to be life and death for us and it would be sad if people did not realize that until it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment