Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkeys Gone Organic!!!

After class on Monday I thought about what I ate for Thanksgiving. After thinking for a while I notice that I had many vegetables but the turkey was what I was worried about. As soon as I got home I called my mom and asked about the turkey. I was then shocked to hear that she purchased an organic grown turkey from price chopper. Curious I asked her about it and the price. She told me the turkey was a vegetarian and a little pricier than a regular turkey. Also there’s a waiting list to get one. This showed me that many people know the benefits of eating an organic turkey and choose to spend a little more for it. I didnt even notice the difference. Also like Bill Moyer's journal states the market is changing and we see this with price chopper teaming with an organic farm and allowing the buying of these new healthier types of foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment