Thursday, December 10, 2009

Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama the first lady told the girls in London that "I want you to know that we have very much in common. For nothing in my life’s path would have predicted that I would be standing here as the first lady of the United States of America. There was nothing in my story that would land me here. I wasn’t raised with wealth or resources of any social standing to speak of…

“If you want to know the reason why I’m standing here, it’s because of education. I never cut class. Sorry I don’t know if anybody here is cutting class. I never did. I loved getting As. I liked being smart. I loved being on time. I loved getting my work done. I thought being smart was cooler than anything in the world.”(http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2009/04/michelle_obama_3).

After listening to her speech, I thought of myself that I have a dream too. I study very hard to be something in medical field like a doctor or PA. I believe that in order to have our dreams come true, we need to have education. So I thank my parents for letting me having the education that I needed and do want I want to do in my life.

1 comment: