Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Losing our children", Mate

I have difficulty determining what our society is about. I
mean, if our children are placed "at the very bottom of
our agenda," what on earth do we value more than them?
What are our priorities? What do we live for? What gives us pride?-Mate

I was thinking about what Mate was meaning by this quote. I for one do not have any children but one day I know that I will be proud to have raised such intelligent children, or I hope to one day. In our society I tend to see "some" people that do not put their first priorities on their children. For instance some of them were not planned or were a mistake. I seem to think that people conceiving children take this whole topic as a game or a joke. It's ok for a teenage female to have a child as such a young age. Some of those teen mothers want better for their young but others don't care. They keep having one child after another.

I see a difference in Europe or in another foreign country. Families over their are a lot closer and they eat dinner together, mostly every night. They are a lot happier, stable, and some are less materialistic. Over in the US we just want, want, want. Over in Europe they are happy with what they have. I do believe that poorer, third world countries live healthier, more stable, less dramatic and happy lives. They know they have nothing else in the world but one another. I think that some families here in the US take their family members for granted. They forget or don't acknowledge that blood is thicker than anything. Family doesn't come first and friends do. Some single parents that I see tend to think that their boyfriend or girlfriend comes first before their children.

Things have changed now but what happened to being old school?

No comments:

Post a Comment